Submit A Tip

Executive Staff
Employment Application
Community Service
Contact Us
Inmate Visitation
Inmate Handbook
Inmate Lookup



  1. Where is the Sheriff’s Office located?
    1. Hancock County Public Safety Complex - 8450 Hwy 90 Bay St. Louis MS 39520
    2. Coming from Alabama or Louisiana
      1. Take exit 2 for MS-607 toward John C Stennis Space Center/Waveland
      2. Head east toward MS-607 for 5.7 mi
      3. Continue onto US-90E for 1.7 mi
      4. Turn left and go 167 feet
      5. Turn right onto service road and go .1 mi
      6. Turn left
    3. Coming from Waveland or Bay St. Louis
      1. 6 mi West of Hwy 603/Hwy 90 intersection
  2. What are the office hours?
    1. 8am-5pm Monday through Friday
  3. Where do I go to file a report?
    1. Hancock County Public Safety Complex – door on right in courtyard labeled “Sheriff’s Office”
  4. Can an officer come to my location so I can file a report?
    1. Yes, call Central Dispatch at 228-255-9191 to request a deputy.
  5. How much does a copy of a report cost?
    1. $5
  6. Can I get fingerprinted and does it cost anything?
    1. Yes $5
  7. What areas of the County does the Sheriff’s Office patrol?
    1. The Hancock County Sheriff’s Office patrols all unincorporated areas plus Stennis Space Center and Diamondhead.
  8. What is the non-emergency number (not 911)?
    1. 228-255-9191
  9. How do I add money to an inmate’s commissary account?
    1. Go to or you may come by the facility – enter through the double doors on the Justice Court side of the building, take a right and proceed through another set of double doors.  A Tiger Commissary kiosk will be on the wall on the left.
  10. What is the relationship between the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office and the City of Diamondhead MS?
    1. The Hancock County Sheriff’s Office has an inter-local agreement with the City of Diamondhead where the Sheriff’s Office provides staffing of officers for the Police Department.  The City of Diamondhead furnishes the equipment.
  11. How do I submit an anonymous tip or complaint?
    1. You can complete the tip411 submission app by clicking here.
  12. How do I search for sex offenders in my area?
    1. Go to
  13. Where do I pay a traffic ticket? 
    1. Justice Court is located at 8450 Hwy 90 Bay St. Louis, MS on the West side of the building.  Enter the courtyard and enter the building on the left side labeled “Justice Court.”
    2. You may also visit to pay your ticket online.
  14. How can I file a complaint against an employee?
    1. You can file a complaint in person at the Sheriff's Office.
    2. You can contact the Administrative Division at (228) 466-6935 to initiate a complaint by telephone.
    3. You can complete the Complaint Against Employee (English) or Complaint Against Employee (Spanish) form and submit by mail or electronically as instructed at the bottom of the form.


Hancock County Sheriff's Office © 20238450 Highway 90, Bay St. Louis, MS 39520 | 228-466-6900 | Fax 228-255-8246